.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

just a dork with words in his fingers...

randomly generated shite spills readily from my brain... thru my fingertips.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Holly Springs, North Carolina, United States

Yippee! I got married on April 22nd, 2006 here in my own backyard... "dreaming is like walking underwater - both take gravity to succeed" yeah, it's a deep thought... and it's mine. thank you!

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Has it been a week already?

wow.
time flies, then slows to a crawl . . .
only to start again.

it is lightly raining here today,
after a week of temps that exceeded 100 degrees
on more than one afternoon.
i said i would return, hehehe...
and here i be!

i have had a relatively good week thus far -
i spent less than 20 mins at the DMV for renewal purposes
(sorry judy! i beat your experience i believe)
I went to lunch with my pal on tuesday,
and rekindled a small flame of closeness between us as such.

i had my first deposition in my WC case against the former employer
that resulted in what appears to be a win for me afterall!
(see this story line at my other site: http://blog.myspace.com/bdvsteegh )
i was looking at at least another three to four months of legal
wrangling over it,
but in just an hour and half i apparently eloquently expressed my pain and suffering so much so that the defense attorney ended with the statement:

"i see no need for subsequent deposition statements, and see no reason to schedule a judicial review in this matter. upon reciept of a pending dr. review summary - our next meeting should be for

COMPENSATORY
(this being the only word i think i heard!)

concerns and the results for re-training of mr. versteegh in a career
to be determined."

at the same time i was hearing those words,
my pal was getting great and fantastic news of her own:
she recieved the accolades so richly deserved to date, and has been awarded a promotion to a top position with her company, and as such -
i expect her career now to soar!
when i called her to see if lunch was still a possibility after my depo (missed it anyway) she listened while i related my news, then asked if it was her turn to share... and related her promotion story to me.

we have had a "bridge" link like this for almost three years now -
psychically linked as such - emailing each other with the same questions or answers at the exact same time, calling each other on the phone only to have the other already dialing it seems, and to both recieve the good news at nearly the same time that morning
just fell into our routine that way, very gratifying and solid yet again.


so, today i sit here catching up, waiting for someone to come by and purchase avocados fresh from the tree
and at way below market value i may add, and playing with online jigsaw puzzles - one of which i share with you below.

the image is one of my own - taken a couple years back, but very fitting for how i feel today.

enjoy it, and i will return tomorrow with more news and stories!

if you wish to complete this puzzle at the site as opposed to on this page - please go here:


otherwise, roll your cursor over it to speed loading!

3 Comments:

Blogger kenju said...

Hey, Doug, you did indeed beat my experience at the DMV - lucky you! And congrats on the deposition; I'll go read what that was all about later.
Have a good week, and I hope you sold avocadoes!

2:33 PM  
Blogger Shannon akaMonty said...

Hi Doug! Michele sent me. I'm going to go prowl around, if that's okay with you. :)

2:57 PM  
Blogger Beanhead said...

Hi Michele sent me. Going to go and take a look around.

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home